We all race for many reasons and it's always interesting to ask other's what makes a great race season. Of course the obvious one's: no injuries, setting a PR at a particular event, knocking off a dream race, etc.
These are my top 10 Items for a Great Race Season (no specific order)
1. I race/complete every event on the schedule depending on how it's classified (A, B, or C)
2. DNF is never an option and remaining injury free
3. Push for a high ranking in the IUTA - ultra distance triathlon points series
4. Compete in a minimum of 2 great events in Europe
5. Finish and race well in my most important race, the DECA Iron
6. Meet new friends that are passionate about racing
7. Completing a few ultra fun runs
8. Experiencing a race where I have to dig very deep mentally
9. Finish a long event strong with a focus on no-tapering and tired legs to prepare for the A race
10. Follow my mantra in every race, "I will persist until I succeed"
Getting ready for the season, I am!! Train hard.